Britton Makes History in Marian Loss
MEQUON, Wis. – Senior David Britton became the 20th member of the 1,000-point club, but Marian University men’s basketball (10-7, 8-2 NACC) fell to Concordia Wisconsin 81-75 in overtime.
- The largest lead for either team was just six points in a back-and-forth game.
- Both offenses came out firing with few missed shots leading to a 14-14 tie.
- The Sabres then scored four unanswered to take an 18-14 lead with 11:27 left in the half.
- Concordia Wisconsin responded with a 14-4 run to go ahead 28-22.
- The Falcons led for the remainder of the half but Marian was able to cut their deficit down to 37-35.
- Marian would score the first five points of the second half to retake the lead only to have CUW score seven unanswered points later to go ahead 49-44 with 15:21 left in regulation.
- The Falcons brought their lead out to 63-59 with 8:10 left to play and the rest of regulation would be a one-possession game.
- Marian was able to take a 72-70 lead with 56 seconds left but the Falcons would force overtime with a layup in their final possession.
- The Sabres were able to get out to a quick start in overtime scoring the first three points.
- The Falcons were able to fight this momentum and closed out the game scoring nine unanswered points to put the final at 81-75.
- Marian shot 27-of-69 (.391) for the game and went 12-of-33 (.364) from beyond the arc.
- Concordia Wisconsin shot 29-of-63 (.460) and went 19-of-27 (.704) from the charity stripe.
- The Falcons held a 50-18 advantage for points in the paint and a 12-4 advantage in second chance points.
- Marian finishes a five-game road trip with a 4-1 record.