Samaritan Health Clinic Raffle Winner Says This Is Awesome
Julie Moyer, of Fond du Lac, is the grand prize winner of the Agnesian HealthCare Foundation’s Samaritan $150,000 Cash Raffle, being randomly drawn for the $100,000 cash prize.
Ticket sales were steady all morning on the drawing’s final day, May 11. The suspense was finally relieved when the grand prize winner was announced by Holly Brenner, Agnesian HealthCare Foundation president, and Adam Liss, MD, Agnesian Cancer Center radiation oncologist.
This is the third year the Agnesian HealthCare Foundation has offered the cash raffle. It follows a successful annual Samaritan Health Clinic House Raffle, which was established 21 years ago to help provide vital medical and emergency dental services to individuals and families in financial need whether at Ripon Medical Center, St. Agnes Hospital or Waupun Memorial Hospital. Nearly 5,000 tickets were sold in this year’s raffle.
With so many other prizes to offer, the Samaritan $150,000 Cash Raffle has fantastic odds, and the community continues to show its support each year.
“We are so grateful for everyone’s dedication,” according to Brenner. “Even with the introduction of the Affordable Care Act, there is a continued need in our community for the Samaritan Health Clinic as it dramatically affects the lives of many individuals and families in our area. In fact, more than 10,000 Fond du Lac County residents and more than 7,900 Dodge County residents are uninsured. As a result, charity care programs, which provide free or low-cost health care to individuals not eligible for affordable health insurance, will continue to play an important role in the healthcare system.”
Other prize winners include:
- 2nd prize, $15,000: Rob Rusniaczek, Fond du Lac
- 3rd prize, $10,000: Jeff Grebe, Mt. Calvary
- 4th prize, $5,000: Linda Marcoe, Fond du Lac
- 5th prize, $4,000: Nina Sera, Slinger
- 6th prize, $3,000: Laura Launders, Fond du Lac
- 7th prize, $2,000: Kristina Thalacker, Beaver Dam
- 8th to 11th prizes, $1,000 each: Lois Thome, Fond du Lac; Don Cooper, Fond du Lac; Marsha Michels, Fond du Lac; Tony VanderGrinten, Fond du Lac
- 12th to 25th prizes, $500: Kurt Krueger, Fond du Lac; Michelle Trapp, Adell; Tim Good, Fond du Lac; Society Insurance, Fond du Lac; Ron and Carol Entringer, Mt. Calvary, Patricia Eilbes, Brownsville; Steve Pitzen, Fond du Lac; Nicole Green, Neenah; Betsy Rambo, Fond du Lac; William Steffen, Fond du Lac; Ron Giebel, Fond du Lac; Elizabeth Mand, Fond du Lac; Halina Knapp, Waupun; Dan Schanen, Fond du Lac
The Samaritan $150,000 Cash Raffle was assisted by many sponsors, including: (outstanding contributors) C.D. Smith Construction, Inc., LSM Kailas Charitable Foundation, Shea Electric & Communications, LLC, and Nathan Slinde, MD; (major contributors) Baker Cheese Factory, Inc., Fond du Lac County Medical Society; (special friends) Alyssa Stephenson, DPM, Jonathan Stroebel, DPM, Fond du Lac Area Foundation, “Society Insurance Charitable Fund,” Fond du Lac Regional Clinic Board of Directors, Hierl Insurance and Holiday Automotive.
The cash raffle was also supported by a team of champions who brought their time and talents to the fund-raiser, including: Kathy Donahue, Sarah Haubenschild, Sue Kemp, Dr. Adam Liss, LeeAnn Lorrigan, Jeffrey Meincke, MD, Dr. Evelyn Schaefer, Dr. Richard Schaefer, Joanne Schneider, Kendra Stone, Dr. Filip Troicki and Jill Wendt.
Julie Moyer of Fond du Lac was the big winner in the Samaritan Health Clinic raffle. She was home for the call from Agnesian HealthCare Foundation president Holly Brenner who informed her she won $100,000 in the raffle. Moyer said, “Are you serious, this is awesome.” She said she was thinking about it this morning, but thought there’s no way she would ever win. Twenty-five winners will be sharing in the $150,000 in cash given away during the raffle that benefits the clinic. Check back for more information about the winners.