Smoking Materials Blamed For Park Avenue House Fire

Improperly discarded smoking materials are being blamed for a small fire that was found smoldering in the walls of the Blandine House at 25 N. Park Avenue,
a residential treatment center for people recovering from addictions.

Upon arrival, Fire Fighters found smoke coming from a kitchen wall in the back of the building.

Firefighters needed to break away at an inside wall at the location of the smoke, as well as an exterior area of that same wall plus the basement ceiling, before extinguishing the smoldering fire.

The home was evacuated for about an hour and a half, before it was deemed safe to return.

No injuries were reported.

Fond du Lac Fire Fighters remind residents that the only safe way to discard smoking materials is in an appropriate fire-proof receptacle.