Fire Damages FDL Home

Fond du Lac Fire Chief Peter O’Leary is crediting some “quick-thinking” neighbors for saving a home on Maona Avenue from being extensively damaged by fire. Neighbors informed firefighters when they arrived just before 6 p.m. last night at the home at 471 Maona Avenue that no one was in the house, but they had seen smoke coming from a 3-season room on the east side of the home. O’Leary says the fire had been smoldering for quite some time before neighbors noticed the glow. The blaze was restricted to the room. Fire investigators believe a space heater used for supplemental heat ignited combustibles which were left too close to it. Photo courtesy of the Fond du Lac Fire Department.